Chris Battensby - Owner
- In 1990 Chris became the second generation of his family to run Harling's Jewellers, following in the footsteps of his father, Mel. Since then, Chris has been the driving force behind the Harling's family and brand – building our insurance replacement services, increasing our buying in international markets, opening two new locations and introducing a radical new store design and concept we like to call the "upstairs boutique." Chris is well known in the jewellery business for his passion, his love of fine jewellery and his genuine rapport with every one of our clients.
Peter Smith - Diamond Broker
- Peter came to Harling's Jewellers in 1997, looking for a new career with a company of integrity that would both challenge him and be something he truly enjoyed. He found all of that within the Harling's family, and he's been a vital part of our company ever since. In 1999, Peter received his diamond grading certification through the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). As a Diamond Broker, Peter takes great pride in working closely with his clients to ensure they are totally satisfied with the entire process and any jewellery they purchase. Away from the office, Peter is an avid golfer and hockey player who loves to travel.
Dino Iarrera - Diamond Broker
- Dino is a diamond broker with both diamond and coloured-stone grading certification from the Gemmology Institute of America (GIA). In 1993, he moved from Montreal to Vancouver to further his career in the jewellery business and enjoy the “west coast lifestyle”. Dino says he's never regretted his decision to leave Montreal for even a second and we feel exactly the same way about our decision to invite him to join the Harling's family.
Geoff Dominy - Gemmologist / Appraiser F.G.A. (With Distinction)
- Geoff is an independent Gemmologist based in Vancouver, British Columbia. In addition to his work on the Canadian Antiques Roadshow, Geoff is an avid traveller and has spent the last couple of years, travelling throughout the British Isles and Europe, buying and selling antique jewellery and researching the various antique jewellery markets.
He is also a Fellow of the Gemmological Association and Gem Testing Laboratory of Great Britain with Distinction, which is one of the highest gemmological designations in the world.
Throughout the 1990's, Geoff developed and taught the "Gemmology" program at both Red River Community College and The University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, worked for the Canadian Institute of Gemmology, was President and Founder of the Jewellery Appraisers Association of Canada and was asked to be a contributing author for the 5th & 6th Editions of Robert Webster's "Gems" which even today is considered one of the most authoritative textbooks in Gemmology. In addition to numerous speaking engagements, Geoff also teaches the "Jewellery Appraisal" program at Vancouver Community College. Most recently, Geoff worked as Managing Director for Ashbury House Ltd. which was an independent jewellery auction house inVancouver.
Paolo Diligenti – Jewellery Design Consultant
- Paolo brings very unique skills to his role at Harling's with his experience working as an insurance adjuster. He is intimately familiar with the insurance business and knows just how to guide all of his clients through the delicate process of jewellery replacement. Paolo is approaching his 6th year working at Harling’s Vancouver and embraces his role in Jewellery Design with a passion. He and his wife Sharon have been blessed recently with their first child Sadie. Don’t be surprised if Paolo shows a photo – he is very proud of his baby girl!
Christian Fernandez – Jewellery Design Consultant
- Known for his big heart, Christian takes pride in going the ‘extra mile’ to ensure great client care. With the combination of his experience in both the insurance and jewellery industries, he provides a seamless experience for all his clients. Helping customers find the perfect piece of fine jewellery, while providing excellent customer service is what Christian considers a "professional passion". In his spare time, Christian is a die-hard Canucks fan, and enjoys spending time with his young and growing family.
Karen Aldrich – Jewellery Design Consultant
- Karen has over 10 years of experience in the jewellery business. She first joined the Harling’s team in 2003 and dazzled our clients for two years before taking a little family time. It was a very productive break too. Three years and two little girls later she is back! Coupling Karen’s irrepressible personality with her knowledge of the Harling’s history and culture of impeccable service, Karen is an amazing support to the sales and design team. With the loving demands of her family she has committed to one day a week for now but when the kids are school age we look forward to seeing Karen as a full time fixture once again.
Ryan Miller - Finance
- Ryan has called Harling’s home since he met Chris and discovered the jewellery business in 1999. With his background in management and finance he was immediately drawn to the Harling’s way of elegant customer service in this fun and fast paced environment. While keeping a firm hand on the finances of the company he has been delighted by an added bonus, the opportunity to learn from the extensive gem and jewellery knowledge of the young and talented members of the Harling’s team. Outside the office his three children and two grandkids keep him active and he along with wife Anne manage to get in plenty of quality time together traveling and exploring the beautiful BC back-country, hiking, kayaking and snowshoeing.
Ron Kwan - Jewellery Design Consultant F.C.Gm.A.
- Ron is a fresh face to the world of fancy jewellery and to Harling’s. His initial interest in jewellery started with watches at a young age. After living in Japan for a while, Ron decided that while he loved watches, his true passion was for jewellery. In the fall of 2005, he enrolled in the Canadian Gemmological Association Diploma Program at Vancouver Community College. After two intense but enjoyable years, Rob earned his Fellowship from the Canadian Gemmological Association. Soon after he joined the Harling's family and he continues to progress as a gemmologist with us. A native East Vancouverite, Ron enjoys the outdoors, especially paddling, fishing and rock climbing, good movies, playing his guitar and roaming around town taking pictures.